The Supervisor is responsible for the planning and execution of the diving operation, including the safety and health of the Dive Team. The Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring all HSEQ requirements are being followed on each project to ensure a safe working environment for personnel and the clients.
- Be fully cognizant of all relevant governmental regulatory agency regulations that apply to the Diving operation and the diving mode employed, and all Aqueos Operation Manuals. Ensure that all of the rules and regulations are followed.
- While actually on duty, be in immediate control and available to implement emergency procedures.
- Ensure prior to diving, in addition to parties directly involved in the diving operation, that masters of craft pilots of submersibles, harbor masters, managers of offshore installations, pipelines, civil engineering sites and inland waterways, and all persons responsible for anything that affects the Diving operation are advised that diving operations are to be undertaken. Provide a copy of the Diving Operations/Safe Practices Manual to the person in charge of the vessel or facility, with written modifications necessitated by specific operating conditions.
- Ensure Diving operations are carried out from a suitable and safe location on the surface.
- Develop or modify and produce pre-dive and post-dive checklists for his/her operation.
- Develop and implement emergency/contingency procedures.
- Be aware of the procedures to follow to obtain medical support in the event of an accident, either diving or non-diving related. Ensure a two-way communication system is available at the dive location to obtain emergency assistance.
- Perform a Job Hazard Analysis for each task undertaken.
- Establish a Dive Plan, ensuring that sufficient breathing mixtures, supplies, and proper equipment are available for safe and timely completion of the job task.
- Assign the duties of all members of the Dive Team and personally direct them throughout the Diving operation.
- Maintain a depth, bottom time, and breathing mix profile at the dive location for each Diver during the dive.
- Ensure that each Diver is continuously tended while in the water.
- Report all accidents or incidents involving personnel as required by Aqueos rules and relevant governmental regulations.
- Maintain and submit reports required by Aqueos and relevant governmental regulations concerning diving operations and equipment maintenance, testing, or repair.
- Conduct daily “Toolbox” safety meeting and log topics and actions to avoid accidents. All members will sign a daily safety form.
- HSEQ requirements include assisting HSEQ with creating a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Safe Work Plan (SWP) for each project and ensuring all HSEQ requirements are followed such as daily safety meetings, BBSO tracking and maintaining the safety culture of Aqueos.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 requirements by complying with the HSEQ Policy and procedures and meeting HSEQ objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hourly rate. Location and duration varies.
Qualifications & Specifications
Education and Training:
Possess the following required certificates/licenses:
- Dive School Diploma
- ADC Supervisor Card
- TWIC Card
- First Aid CPR/AED/BBP
- IMCA Preferred
- At least ten (10) years of experience as a Dive Supervisor.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and/or OHSAS 18001 environment a plus.
Broussard, LA – Aqueos Corporation, a provider of Marine Construction, Commercial Diving, Remote.. Read More
Ventura, CA - Aqueos proudly celebrates having Jeff Kowalishen as our ROV Manager. We are so app.. Read More
Broussard, LA – Aqueos Corporation has recently mobilized a subsea platform inspection campaign .. Read More
Broussard, LA – Aqueos Corporation recently completed a diving contract for support of the Coast.. Read More